POSTPONED: FOIA Fest at Wayne State University
Mar 05 2022
9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Wayne State University
5221 Gullen Mall
Detroit, MI 48202 United States
UPDATE: We are rescheduling the 2022 FOIA Festival for the fall of 2022
Have you registered for the 2022 FOIA Festival scheduled for March 5th?
The FOIA Festival is designed for all journalists, students, community organizations and residents.
- Learn how to use FOIA to access public records
- Understand Michigan’s Open Meetings Act
- Become active in enhancing Michigan’s transparency of government
List of speakers and panelists:
- Vincent Duffy – Michigan Radio
- Jennifer Dukarski, Butzel Law Firm- Freedom of Information Act training
- Kathy Barks Hoffman, VP Martin Waymire – Public Affairs Consultant
- Sam Klemet, President & CEO Michigan Association of Broadcasters
- Gary Miles, Editor & Publisher – The Detroit News
- Chastity Pratt, SPJ-Detroit VP& FOIA chair – The Wall Street Journal
- Dr. Matthew Seeger, Dean Wayne State University
- Alicia Nails, Director of the Journalism Institute for Media Diversity
Space is limited, so register now to reserve your spot [go.wayne.edu]!
The 2022 FOIA Festival is presented by Wayne State University’s College of Fine Performing & Communication Arts and the Detroit Chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists.
ALL ATTENDEES must complete the Wayne State Guest Daily Screener [go.wayne.edu] and show proof of vaccination and booster for admittance. All attendees must be masked indoors when not actively eating or drinking.
Questions? Contact Israel Sexton at Israel.email@example.com [go.wayne.edu].